Eni places about 26 TWh of production on the Italian market each year with bilateral sales and sales on the energy market.
In Italy, we are the second largest electricity producer and the largest for energy from natural gas, and a market leader in the dispatching services market (DSM) due to the flexibility of our generating fleet.
More specifically, the Power Business Unit:
- optimises the assets in the portfolio on all spot markets (MGP/MI/MSD/MB)
- guarantees access to the market, forecasting and scheduling for significant and non-significant units (Eni and third parties) in Italy and in Europe (Belgium, France, Germany, Holland and Switzerland)
- manages forecasting, over the short and long term, for the customer portfolio and the photovoltaic plants, using proprietary mathematical models.
- handles risk management & trading activities, operating on forward markets for all relevant risk factors in production and sales processes
- employs a quantitative competency centre dedicated to portfolio-related activities.